An outline of the 3 ideas I currently have.
- All my ideas use the same mechanic of healing with colour
- All are team based to some degree
- All are designed based of the theme of no control – With players having control over other people’s health – Creating stress and a cooperative experience
Idea 1 – cooperative healing
- Players work as a team – Multiple player
- Heal each other with colours
- The boss attacks them and whatever colour the bosses attack is the colour they turn
- Match colour of healing to the player that needs to be healed.
- Colours are randomly associated with players.
- Series of boss levels
idea 2 – Team PVP
- Multiplayer game with 2 separate teams of 2.
- The teams are battling against each other.
- There are coloured objects in the world, that relate to the health of each player.
- Each team is trying to suck out the colour from their rivals health objects to defeat them
- Though each team still has to defend their health blocks
- Players can only heal/ put health back into their team mates colour and not their own – Making them in control of the life of death of their character.
Idea 3 – Physical game
EXPLANATION OF THE PHYSICAL GAME
- Colours on the floor – sensors for each colour
- Lights in front of the coloured floor, which relates to the health of each player
- Health will randomly change colour and lower – There is a time limit to heal the player
- Players must run to the colour of the lowering health and stand their for a certain amount of time until the health goes back up
- Players will have sensors on their feet and so they can’t stand on their colour otherwise their health will reduce even greater.
- Once the health lights go out then that player is out.